Mar 11, 2021

Posted in Featured, Podcast | 17 Comments

Episode 109: At the Mercy of the Bishop

We hope you were there with us at Spawn of Cyclops Con last weekend and you had a great time!  If not, you’re in luck because you’re going to hear a lot about it, but that’s not all… you’re also going to hang out with Judge Daniel Joseph Bishop and we’re going to go deep into two of his greatest adventures, talk about new projects, make fun of Canada and more!  All this on tonight’s episode of Spellburn!

Stuff referenced in this episode!

Crawl #9 – The Arwich Grinder- NOT sold out!

Chaos Rising – (featuring the Imperishable Sorceress)

Blades Against Bandwidth

Spawn of Cyclops Con!

Episode 104 – Full Dark, No Stars

Bronx Beasts #1

The Chained Coffin (featuring Shudder Mountains setting)

In the Prison of the Sorcerer Squid

Curse of Mistwood

The Inn in the Forest

Gary Con 2021

Podcast: Podcast

1. Daniel Bishop says:

Hilarious name. The Bishop has no mercy!

I forgot to mention that there is a link to The Imperishable Sorceress and both The Lost City of Barako and Lairs of Lost Agharta (the two collaborative add-on modules for Journey to the Center of Aereth).

2. Hi, the winners of Harley’s tournament were Stoneshield and Skullsword. I do not know their real names.

3. Two things.

1. Daniel J. Bishop is awesome!

2. NEW JERSEY!?! Now, true enough I still rock a leather jacket and a sopranos’ style tracksuit from time to time. And yes I fold my pizza in half, and have a laminated picture of the Fonz in my wallet (no joke). All that being said, Julian don’t get it twisted, I am very much Canadian…born and raised in “The True North Strong and Free!”

Another great episode guys!!

• Julian Bernick says:

I feel like we should get our Canucks on at the same time to battle it out. Your circumstantial evidence to support New Jersey-fication is suspicious to say the least. However, it is great to hear from you. We need to drink virtual beers or do virtual games or have virtual podcasts sometime soon!

• Daniel Bishop says:

Frankly, I would never do battle against the author of Death Slaves of Eternity. Also, having met Marzio in realspace, I know that he is in far better shape than I am!

No, in true superhero fashion, we would be brought together in circumstances that lead to an inconclusive battle, only to team up in order to fight the real villain.

The real villain is (SPOILERS SWEETIE).

• Julian, you know full well our Canadian “battle” would be nothing more than a spiraling blood-mad melee of incessant apologies and beer-swilling comradery sure enough to bring the world to its knees.

• Daniel Bishop says:

Didn’t we already have our epic battle after Free RPG Day one year? There was a fire and everything…

• Yes on all the above!!

4. This was a really good episode. Daniel’s unapologetic (I’m sure he’s sorry!) was awesome!

I really enjoy it when you invite authors and they discuss the thought process and the inspiration for the adventures.

It’s also awesome when we get to discover older adventures. I think I might run “The Arwich Grinder” at Necronomicon 2022.

And finally I’m glad Force Manipulation was brought up. It’s a very common point of contention. Now you’ll need to discuss if Color Spray is over powered when cast by a 3rd level wizard.

• Ugh… unapologetic BANTER! Don’t you hate messing up a joke!

BTW, I missed Daniel’s Kickstarter. Is there still a way to do a late pledge?

• Daniel Bishop says:

Not that I am aware of, but I am certain that Shyloh will not be limiting sales to just backers. Like other kickstarters, the Inn should go on sale some time after the backers have received their copies.

• Julian Bernick says:

I’ve enjoyed picking the brains of Harley, Manly Michael and now Dan “the Bishop” er.. Bishop… so I couldn’t agree more! It’s kind of like tuition free college! More to come!