Jul 19, 2014

Posted in Featured, Podcast | 14 Comments

Episode 26: Who Judges the Judges?

This week on the show we discuss, dissect, and maybe even disagree about the best practices for the superior judging and running of DCC RPG games. What are the most important Judging “do’s and don’t’s”? That’s what we’ll try and answer on this episode of Spellburn…

And don’t forget to check out this episode’s winning Dungeon Denizen entry by Mighty Mike Loew!

Links mentioned in this episode:

Bittman-Inspired Generalized Two-Handed Weapon Math by Terry Olson

Goodman Games Peril on the Purple Planet kickstarter

Iron Tavern Press at Lulu.com

Podcast: Download

1. Daniel J. Bishop says:

Well done, Mike Loew!

Now, who will take on the Bittman and the Brinkman?

• Meh…I don’t know if I’ve been in the “public” eye long enough to make a real impression.

(I hope not.)

• Mike Loew says:

Thanks, Daniel, glad you enjoyed this foul-mouthed manphibian!

• Stinky1EyedOgre says:

The Bitman was the first creature design. It’s an anagram. I thought the blue hair would be a give away.

• Daniel J. Bishop says:

I missed that, S1EO. So, now all we have to do is immortalize Judge Jen with some form of foul monstrosity…… 😀

2. Great show! Thanks for putting it out. 🙂

What about the link to the dice analysis? I heard tell you were going to put that in the show notes?

3. David Baity says:

Good show guys. It’s interesting to listen to your ideas on running events, and see more deeply into your styles!

I also like the talk about multiple judges. I’ve always thought it would be really cool to have one judge actually play the enemies/creatures. It would be a way for someone to focus entirely on the personality of the beasts and make them even more memorable, and allow the main judge to focus on the rolling, rules, etc.

Peace,

Judge Baity

• I like it, but I think it’d wear thin if done regularly (I don’t see a weekly home game being a good venue for this sort of team).

4. Mike Loew says:

Thanks for giving The Toadlock his moment in the sun, Spellburners! I hope some judges out there enjoy using his curses. It’s good fun to croak out his rhymes and watch your players’ eyes get bigger and bigger, wondering how bad it’s going to be.